Making Herbal Massage Oil
- Choose which herbs you want to use.
- Blend the herbs together in the ratio that you want to use, i.e. For Example 3 parts Herb1, 3 parts Herb 2, 1 part Herb 3.
- Use 1/2 ounce of herbs for every 1 cup of water.
- Boil for one hour and let it stand for one hour
- Strain the herbs and place the remaining water into a large pan
- Pour in an equal amount of your carrier oil.
- Cook over a low heat for about 2 hours (approximately!!) DO NOT bring to a boil just simmer it enough so that there are little bubbles coming slowly to the surface which is the water evaporating.
- Cook like this until ALL the water has evaporated. You can check this by dropping a drop of water into the pan and IF it crackles then it is ready. OR stir it and see if there is any sign of water that floats on the top of the water.
- After it cools it should be stored in a colored container.
Optionally you can add 25 drops of essential oils to harmonize the scent and add to the therapeutic value. The total should not be more than 30 drops per 100ml of water.
Sun cure oils so they can be used immediately for the best benefit. To sun cure: It is best if you sit the oil in the sun to cure during the day and in and open area at night for 40 days which enhances the oil’s heating and healing effect.