Healing Massage Oils
Why use any Massage Oils at all?
Massage oils eliminate friction and disperse heat evenly through the body. Massage oils are a nutrient for the skin and strengthen the nerve fibers that are connected to the hair follicles. The small amount of massage oils remaining on the skin afterwards, and after the shower or bath that follows, provides resistance to environmental temperatures and pressures. Application of massage oils to the navel before going to sleep cures dryness of the whole body. When massage oils are applied at the junction of spine and skull, they calm the entire nervous system, strengthen memory and improve the eyesight.
Body and Zen Herbal Massage Oil (How its made)
- We choose a variety of Herbs, Aromatic Oils, Floral Essences and Spices
- The Herbas and Spices are then processed to create an water based infsuion
- The herbal infusion is the mixed with the unique base of carrier oils
- This mixture is simmered over very low controlled heat to create perfect herb infused oil blend
- Once the oil base is ready it can then be strengthened using active ingredients such as essential oils
Instructions and method for a Massage
Massage performed with appropriate oils will relax, rejuvenate and nourish the mind, body & spirit.
- Warm the oil by placing the bottle under hot water or use a stainless steel or glass pan.
- Apply the oil using the palms of your hands starting with the sacrum (low back area).
- Work your way down the front and back of the legs (thighs, knees, knee joints, calves, ankles, ankle joints and feet).
- Then apply to the back, belly, chest, arms (shoulders, elbow joints, wrists and wrist joints) and hands.
- Finish with the neck, face and head.
- Use a circular motion with the palm of your hands. Enjoy the process and leave on for 5-20 minutes or more.
It is good to shower following oil massage without using soap or mild / soap free body wash. The thin layer of oil that remains on the skin after bathing helps keep skin moisturized and protected.Chick pea flour made into a paste with a little water can be applied to the skin to help to remove the oil in the shower. It also helps prevent clogging the drain and makes the skin soft.
Make time for Abhyanga once a week, It will prevent many diseases, conditions and visits to the doctor. It will help keep your body supple, flexible and strong.
MASSAGE OIL LIFESTYLE SUGGESTIONS
- Everyone benefits from massage. A frequency of once a week is suggested.
- Can also be applied to the feet just before bed to prepare for a calmer sleep.
- Can be used as a body oil when skin is dry, or add a few drops into the bath prior to soaking.